Re: [xsl] the match() function

Subject: Re: [xsl] the match() function
From: RahilQ <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:29:53 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:

I get a fatal error when I try to execute the match() function in the form

what did the error message say

I get the message
[SAXON 8.1.1 from Saxonica] Starting transformation ...
FATAL ERROR: net.sf.saxon.type.RegexTranslator$RegexSyntaxException: Error at character 625 in regular expression: should_quote (-); SystemID: file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/qamarr.mucs/My%20Documents/Coding/Samples/ADLProcessor.xsl; Line#: 22; Column#: -1

FATAL ERROR: net.sf.saxon.type.RegexTranslator$RegexSyntaxException: Error at character 625 in regular expression: should_quote (-)

Transformation Interrupted!

How did you define the variable, what value did it have.

The two variables I declare are

<xsl:variable name="matchTo" select="parent::node()"/>
<xsl:variable name="matchWith" select="parent::definition"/>

both of them are obtained from different xml files and have the same value 'First'.

I want to test them for an exact match irrespective of case sensitivity.

David

http://www.star.net.uk