Re: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content - XSLT 1.0 Solution

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content - XSLT 1.0 Solution
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:22:50 -0500
>> Can you explain what this code is supposed to
>> be doing? I did not understand the more
>> complex xpath expressions you used or the
>> "mode='unmix'" attrib.

> (Who provided that code? Can't remember now.
> :-< )

That was bad old me, Wendell.

I have since (though just recently) provided a corrected version of my
solution.

Edward:

The mode attribute was taking advantage of XSLT's ability to apply
templates only to templates identified as belonging to a certain mode. I
generally use modes to process the source tree more than once. For
example, when I produce PDF documents, I have templates (without modes) to
produce the body of the file and templates with modes to produce the
contents and bookmarks. In your case, I was just using the mode="unmix"
templates to process the result tree fragment I had stored in that
variable. In my corrected solution, I have removed both the variable and
the mode (but now the solution involves two stylesheets). The two
stylesheets can probably be reduced to one, but I ran out of gumption (to
give Mike another word to ponder).

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(presently consulting at Synertistic Solution Technologies)