[xsl] Working with multiple files

Subject: [xsl] Working with multiple files
From: RahilQ <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:40:30 +0100
Hi

Im sure theres a fairly straight-forward and obvious approach available. So Id like some suggestions.

I have written loads of .xsl files for transforming some .xml files. The result is a set of 2 separate .xml files (output from 2 separate .xsl files) on which Id like to carry out some comparisons.

Graphically for example the process is such:

Step 1 : Model1.xml --> Transf1.xsl --> Result1.xml

Step 2: Model2.xml --> Transf2.xsl --> Result2.xml

My main problem isnt how to compare Result1 and Result2 but how to start writing them. In which kind of file?

- Can I import these two files into one .xsl and work upon them? or
- Should I and can I write some <?xml-stylesheet href='Compare.xsl'.....?> in Result1.xml when generating it from Transf1.xsl ? Then only import Result2.xml in Compare.xsl ?

Could someone please advise me on the best approach. I need a solution that can be as piped as possible as all this will ultimately form part of one button on the GUI.

Thanks
Rahil