[xsl] XSL-FO - Repeating Tables & Table Headers

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO - Repeating Tables & Table Headers
From: "craig webber" <craigwebber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:13:41 +0000
I've a table as shown in the stylesheet below. When transforming to PDF using FOP the result is a table spanning across 2 pages. I have 2 questions:

1. How do create a table that spans over numerous pages without splitting the table rows?
2. How do I create a table header that spans across numerous pages and appears at the top of the table on each page?

I can't seen to find any reference to these issues on the archive. Any help would be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

<xsl:template match="/">

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

<fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="page1">
<fo:region-body margin-top="3cm"/>
<fo:region-before extent="3cm"/>
<fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="page1">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<xsl:apply-templates select="publications/Item"/>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="publications/Item">

<fo:table border=" solid 1px black">
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="25mm"/>

<fo:table-body>

<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block space-before="5mm" space-after="5mm">
<xsl:value-of select="name"/></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block><xsl:value-of select="description"/></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block><fo:external-graphic src="image.jpg"/></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block><xsl:value-of select="@Sector"/></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block><xsl:value-of select="@response"/></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>

</fo:table>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I can't seen to find any reference to these issues on the archive. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Craig Webber.

MSN Messenger 7.0 - more features, more fun, still absolutely FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2532