Re: [xsl] Anonymous Elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Anonymous Elements
From: Ramkumar Menon <ramkumar.menon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:20:30 +0530
I am just curous to know what you are trying to acheive through
definition of an "anonymous element".
It does not make sense to define an <xsd:element> without a name
within your schema. What you can do is to have an <xsd:any>.This
element will allow you to extend the instancet with elements not
specified by the schema.

What you are first referring to in your email is about anonymous
types. Anonymous types are used to express intent that the types are
not intended for reuse. So they are defined local to the element
declaration.

What you have to understand is that Elements and attributes are the
items that actually appear in your instance that the schema defines.
Types are just the metadata for descrbing the structure and content of
these elements/attributes.

-Menon

--
Shift to the left, shift to the right!