[xsl] Re: Spam:RE: [xsl] Can XSLT remember the occurrence of an element?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Spam:RE: [xsl] Can XSLT remember the occurrence of an element?
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:06:07 -0500
In addition to Jeni's site, you can also visit Dave Pawson's FAQ.

Duplicates: http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N2696.html

Grouping: http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4486.html

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/27/2005 12:52 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Spam:RE: [xsl] Can XSLT remember the occurrence of an element?

> can XSLT remember the occurrence of an element?

XSLT is a declarative language, not a procedural one, so there is no
notion
of time in its processing model. There is no "before" and "after", and
therefore no notion of memory.

> Any ideas how I could change the xsl to only include *one*
> instance of a
> contract despite it is *two or more* times called?

The problem of eliminating duplicates is generally known as "grouping" and
is covered in http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/