Re: [xsl] apply-templates and predicates

Subject: Re: [xsl] apply-templates and predicates
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:23:42 +0100
> But it also outputs the text value of the unrecognized elements.
> ..
> I had the impression that since the unrecognized elements where
> matched by <xsl:template match="*"> that the default template would
> not be invoked as it appears to have been.

Michael and I suggested to use <xsl:apply-templates/> which is
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
so you apply templates to text nodes and get the default template for
text nodes invoked.
Probably you wanted

<xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>

just to apply templates to child elements. Or of course you can instead
have a template matching text() that says "unexpected text" (or does
nothing).

See other parts of this thread on the advisability of changing the
select attribute on apply-templates as opposed to adding new match
templates. I do so love it when threads start to recurse:-)

David

http://www.star.net.uk