SV: [xsl] empty string parsed as float?

Subject: SV: [xsl] empty string parsed as float?
From: "Gabriel K" <gabriel.klappenbach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:50:56 +0200
Ah, I totally forgot, sorry!
Anyway, thanks for the answer.

/Gabriel

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Fren: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Skickat: den 2 juni 2005 03:54
Till: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dmne: RE: [xsl] empty string parsed as float?

This is an XML Schema question not an XSLT question!

You can define the type of the element as a list data type that allows a
list of floats with minOccurs=0 and maxOccurs=1. Alternatively you could
define it as a union data type that's the union of a float and a zero-length
string.

You could also define the type as "nillable", but then you would have to
flag an empty element with xsi:nil="true"