Re: [xsl] Source Reducer

Subject: Re: [xsl] Source Reducer
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:20:51 +1000
On 6/7/05, Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aron,
> I gave your sample a try... still slow.
> Dimitre, any input on the original source reducer routine?
> I don't unerstand why it is so slow.
> Karl

Karl,

"slow" may mean many things:

  - slow to parse

  - slow to process

  - etc.

In case the source.xml file is very big (has huge number of nodes) --
which *is* the case, and if the computer does not have sufficient
memory, even parsing the sorce.xml document may be problematic.

Such processing may be further optimized by using more memory, or by
performing streamed processing (e.g. SAX-based or using an instance of
XMLReader in .NET) instead of XSLT processing.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev