Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Running FOP on the server

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Running FOP on the server
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:59:22 +0530
Hi,
           FOP can be invoked from a servlet. There is an example in the
FOP distribution that tells how FOP can be run from a servlet. However, a
servlet container is required to run the servlet. If you are in a ASP
environment, someother mechanism must be used.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

                    "craig webber"
                    <craigwebber@ho        To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    tmail.com>             cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                                           Subject:     [xsl] XSL-FO - Running FOP on the server
                    06/08/2005
                    03:32 PM
                    Please respond
                    to xsl-list

Is it possible to run FOP on the server?

I have a single XML document on the server, populating 2 different
Websites.
This XML document is also populating a PDF. The PDF is available on the
server too but I have to run FOP on my PC and then upload the PDF to the
server manually.

I'm amending my XML document on the server using ASP, this process is
automated. I need to amend the PDF on the server in a similar fashion - by
running FOP on the server or something along those lines.

Does anybody have any ideas of solutions for me?

Thanks, Craig.

We've added lots of new goodies to MSN South Africa - visit us today!
http://www.msn.co.za/

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in