Re: [xsl] What is exciting in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] parameters in XSLT 2.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] What is exciting in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] parameters in XSLT 2.0)
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:20:22 +1000
On 6/8/05, Olivier Collioud <olivier.collioud@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dimitre,
>
> I must confess that I don't even know the meaning of much of these
> concepts,
> and I'm sure that many peoples (not coming functional programming
> world) are in the same situation.
>
> It would be very valuable for someone like me to see some examples
> illustrating each of these topics
> (also showing how similar things are done in 1.0).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Olivier.

Olivier,

Most of these topics are covered in the articles at:

   http://fxsl.sf.net

and at:

      http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/xslfo-pdf/2003/Novatche
v01/EML2003Novatchev01.pdf

   Sequences have become available only in XPath 2.0

   Saxon 8.x has a vendor-specific attribute (in the
"http://saxon.sf.net/"; namespace) saxon:memo-function, whic allows to
specify memoisation on a given xsl:function.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.