Re: [xsl] To eliminate duplicate entries

Subject: Re: [xsl] To eliminate duplicate entries
From: "X.P.Pratibha :-)" <xp_pratibha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:27:19 +0530
Hi all
   Let me give a sample piece of my real problem and I am new to XSL :
My XML data is very complex :

<contradictrules>
<FWrules>
<condradictrule condradict="overlap">
<FWrule id="xxx" ver ="TIM" >
<line>5</line>
<comment/>
<level/>
<interval>0<Interval>
<permit>true</>
<active>true</active>
<src><Network id=111">
<Name deleted="false"><![CDATA[any]]>>/Name>
</Network>
<Contadictrules>

I get duplicate XML data like this. I thought of using Attribute id of FWrule to strip duplicate ...But its not working ...Can some one say where I am doing wrong ??

I tried like this :

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="xslt_example_param.xsl"?>

<xsl:output method="text" />

<xsl:template match="contradictrules/FWRules">
<xsl:for-each select="contradictrule/FWrule[not(@id= preceding-sibling::contradictrule/FWrule/@id)]">
<xsl:value-of select="@id"/><xsl:text>&#xa;</xsl:text>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Mukul Gandhi wrote:
Its not difficult to think like this .. If you need
more help, please let me know

Regards,
Mukul

Hi Mukul,
 Thanks ...
By the by..If my XML data is of the following
foramt...

<example>
	<employee name="ppp">
           <empId>111</empId>
        </employee>
	<employee name="xxx"/>
             <empId>222</empId>
        </employee>
	<employee name="yyy"/>
             <empId>111</empId>
        </employee>
</example>

Now what I have to use in the place @name (I guess
this for attribute)
If my empID is of this type ...

Thanks,
Pratibha

Mukul Gandhi wrote:

Or please try this XSL ..

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="text" />

<xsl:template match="/example">
<xsl:for-each select="employee[not(@name = preceding-sibling::employee/@name)]">
<xsl:value-of select="@name"
/><xsl:text>

</xsl:text>

  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Regards,
Mukul

--- "X.P.Pratibha :-)" <xp_pratibha@xxxxxxxxxx>

wrote:

Hi all.,
  I am novoice to XSL .

My XML has multiple Duplicate entries and while

displaying it through

XSL I have to eliminate the multiple duplicate

entries and display

only one entry .

Is there is any way to check the uniqueness of the

data to be

displayed in XSL.

In my xml data say if "employee id" is unqui ,Is

there anyway to check

the replication of employee id in xsl.

Any links or sample code will be of great help.

Thanks, Pratibha

protection around

http://mail.yahoo.com