Re: [xsl] To avoid converting html entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] To avoid converting html entities
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:33:06 +0100
  If the html entities have already been parsed as <> etc by the xml
  parse, and the xsl processor has to output it in reverse, then I'm
  afraid that's not happening in my case.

ah, I forgot to say, inside an attribute the reverse mapping will only
be done in xml output, it's not done in html output as  it's not needed
there.

in xml <input value="LX,LX,,,,243,...<..." > would be a fatal error, in
html
<input value="LX,LX,,,,243,...<..." >
and
<input value="LX,LX,,,,243,...&lt;..." >
are equivalent.

So if you are writing html, you shouldn't care, if you do care perhaps
you want to write XML, in which case add
<xsl:output method="xml"/>
to your stylesheet.

David

http://www.star.net.uk