Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Running FOP on the server

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - Running FOP on the server
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:35:36 +0200
craig webber wrote:
Is it possible to run FOP on the server?

Yes. Lots of people do this reguilarly. However:

I'm amending my XML document on the server using ASP,
                                                   ^^^
The simplest way to use FOP from ASP is to call Java as command
line application. This involves a significant startup overhead.
Furthernmore, if your browser is IEx, you'll have to buffer the
generated PDF in order to set the content-length header correctly,
which is yet another nuisance.

I need to amend the PDF on the server in a similar fashion - by running FOP on the server or something along those lines.

I don't understand this. FOP produces PDF, it can't "amend the PDF" in the sense it takes an existing PDF and adds some content.

J.Pietschmann