Re: [xsl] Weird XPath evaluation differences between Saxon and Xalan

Subject: Re: [xsl] Weird XPath evaluation differences between Saxon and Xalan
From: Simon OUALID <symon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:25:20 +0200
Jay Bryant wrote:

<xsl:for-each select="SOMETHING/NAME">
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>

Many thanks for all those precisions. I learnt a difference between XSLT 1.0 and 2.0 ! ;)

And I also learnt that the 2.0 version was only a draft... So I'd prefer to do my XPath query with the 1.0 version, but this query was used to compare two subtree of a XML file... So how can I get it working in XSLT 1.0 ?

Can I do something like this ?

<xsl:variable name="lastTree">
 <xsl:for-each select="preceding-sibbling::GROUP[1]/SOMETHING/NAME">
   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
 </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:variable name="currentTree">
 <xsl:for-each select="SOMETHING/NAME">
   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
 </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:if test="$lastTree != $currentTree">
 <!-- Here I put my stuff -->
</xsl:if>

Many thanks for so precise answers. It looks like this list is a great place for finding XSLT experts ... :)

Symon