Re: [xsl] Problems with &/& in style sheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problems with &/& in style sheet
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:19:11 +0300
Hi Michael,

When the method is set to html inside script both Saxon versions and Xalan output & as &. Inside other elements they output & as &amp;

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Michael Kay wrote:
The '&amp;' in the last line should actually be a '&' in the transformed
HTML code. However, obviously I can't replace '&amp;' with '&', since the
stylesheet would then be syntactically incorrect. But if I leave the '&amp;'
where it is, I'll have '&amp;' in the HTML code instead of '&'.

Your XSLT processor knows the HTML rules better than you do.

&amp; is correct according to the HTML spec, & is wrong.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/