[xsl] XSL transformations on hundreds of XML documents held up against single large XML document

Subject: [xsl] XSL transformations on hundreds of XML documents held up against single large XML document
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:40:32 +0200
Hi all,

I have a problem that probably has to do with architechture (though I
do not know that).

My problem is this:
I have an XML "X" that I have gotten from a database.
With stylesheet "Y" I need to transform this data many times. Each
time differ by what is to be extracted from the "X" document. The
informations on what to be extracted are in other XML documents "A1,
A2, A3, etc." that are all generated in memory.

Usually I would be able to include the other documents in the XSL (as
a variable), but as they are generated in memory, I have no idea on
how to do this. The "X" document is also in memory at this time. It is
not viable to save them to disc at this time.

Is there some way of doing this, or is there something else that I can do?

If the solution depends on development environment, I am using C# and
XSLT.NET (that is: XSL version 1.0).

In the time of writing this, I have come to think of another solution
which is the only thing I can think of at the moment, that is to add
the A1, etc. to X via DOM before transforming the whole with Y
stylesheet. If someone has anything to say about this solution, I
would be glad to hear it, as well.

X + A1 + Y -> B1
X + A2 + Y -> B2
X + A3 + Y -> B3