Re: [xsl] xml:lang

Subject: Re: [xsl] xml:lang
From: Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
Friends,
I found a work around using Adobe.

http://www.engr.wisc.edu/accessibility/pdf.html

Although, I also found that XSL Formatter says that they fully
support and implement xml:lang.

http://www.antennahouse.com/axf20/axf20foEN.htm

The work around means the following:

1. render the pdf allowing all changes (PDF options)
2. follow the "fix it" guide at the web site
3. Create all security settings.
4. Save PDF.

I have sent an e-mail to XSL Formatter support.

I also have come to the conclusion that there are no XSL-FO renderers
nor is there any software that creates PDFs (except Adobe), that is
able to give a language specification in the resulting PDF. (XSL
Formatter should do it according to their spec.)

(Please correct me on this one.)

Thanks,
Mike Ferrando
Library Technician