Re: [xsl] Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type ofthing XSLT does?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type ofthing XSLT does?
From: ben senior <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:06:36 +0200
'stylesheet module', 'transform', neither really hit the mark for me,
but I can't think of anything better :(

How about "mangler", or "munger",

:)

But seriously, I have also always disliked stylesheet because of its proximity to Cascading Style Sheets.

Transform is better, but could be made more descriptive as something like "tree transform" or "tree transformation language (TTL?)".

Otherwise we are getting towards the LISP naming logic.... perhaps XMeLT from XML Transform with a touch of marketing? :-D

Ben