[xsl] A small programming challenge

Subject: [xsl] A small programming challenge
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:56:52 +1000
Hi,

I just started reading the book "The Da Vinci code" and this resulted
in having some fun with XSLT 2.0, Saxon 8.4 and Saxon.NET.

Here's the problem:

    Find the first 10-digit prime in consecutive digits of F-3000

    Where F-N is the Nth Fibonacci number.
    Here are the elements of the sequence of Fibonacci numbers from 0 to 11:

    Element:    1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144
    Index:         0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,   6,   7,  8,   9,   10,  11

It is *very important* to note that the first "1" in the sequence has
index "0", so that everyone will mean the same thing by F-3000

When you have the answer, please, let me know:

  1. The 10 digit prime number
  2. The xslt code
  3. The stylesheet execution time.
  4. Your computer -- CPU speed and RAM
  5. Whether or not you used any specific extension functions.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.