RE: [xsl] function-available() problem while using Saxon ... so close

Subject: RE: [xsl] function-available() problem while using Saxon ... so close
From: Arian Hojat <arianhojat2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,
I think I am getting very close to my problem.
The last bit that I need to know is when dyn:evaluate
isnt available to Saxon, it still seems to parse the
doc, when i actually use it, and error at me for not
having it.

In other words...
this will work in Saxon and never enter the statement
which is good...:

<xsl:otherwise
test="function-available('dyn:evaluate')">EXSLT
</xsl:otherwise>

But this will error on parse even though it never
enters it in Saxon:

<xsl:otherwise
test="function-available('dyn:evaluate')">
<xsl:value-of select="dyn:evaluate($blah)" />
</xsl:otherwise>

XP0003: XPath syntax error at char 18 on line 206 in
{dyn:evaluate($exp)}:
  Cannot find a matching 1-argument function named
{http://exslt.org/dynamic}evaluate()

My most 'ghetto' solution is to just put the EXSLT
function in Saxon (gonna research that this morning).
So it doesnt bug at me for not having it.

Any other way to place the function in there without
errors on transform?