[xsl] Character from numeric code? double->integer cast?

Subject: [xsl] Character from numeric code? double->integer cast?
From: Christian Wittern <wittern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:50:00 +0900
Hi there,

I am trying to generate a character from a given codepoint value.

Using XSLT2.0, I thought this would be a task for
codepoints-to-string.  However, I need to first calculate the value
for the codepoint, e.g.

<xsl:variable name="cb"
select="codepoints-to-string(number(substring('#CB00001', 4)) + 983040)"/>

This does not work, Saxon 8.1B complains that I am providing an
xs:double, but the function codepoints-to-string wants a xs:integer.
Now, how on earth do I get number() to give me an integer?  I have
tried combinations using the "as" attribute, with an intermediate
variable but then Saxon wonders about the namespace "xs:" .  It looks
like I am missing something fundamental here, sigh.

Any help appreciated,

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern