RE: [xsl] import/include with xsl:variable in href

Subject: RE: [xsl] import/include with xsl:variable in href
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:55:07 +0100
> I have some kind of generic transformation stylesheet to
> tranform my own
> markup in a couple of others (xhtml, wml, chtml).
> I too have several other, more specific stylesheets and i'm in need to
> import one of those to my main stylesheet.

You should always import a general-purpose stylesheet into a more specific
stylesheet, not the other way around. The when you run the transformation,
nominate the specific stylesheet as the one to use.

> Right now i'm writing a xsl:variable element to the stylesheet before
> transformation which specifies, which stylesheet to import.

That's not going to work because xsl:import/include take effect at compile
time, but variable values only exist at run-time.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/