[xsl] Re: Generating real end notes that can be read by MS Word,

Subject: [xsl] Re: Generating real end notes that can be read by MS Word,
From: David Riggs <dariggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 18:34:58 +0900
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Which version of Word are you targetting?
If 2003 it's fairly straightforward to make a simple version of what you want in Word, save as XML, and use that as the basis for your stylesheet. The WordML SDK gives you more information on schemas etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ca83cb4f-8dee-41a3-9c25-dd889aea781c&displaylang=en

I need to be able to send to any recent Word user.

I do not have Word, and the web site above requires you to be licensed to find out more.

I have since found that Open Office may be the answer: it can of course save in many Word formats.

I guess I can work through learning how to generate the OO "content.xml" file, use a simple set of the other files (gotten from an example) and zip it back up, read in OO and save as Word.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I have very very simple formatting: just a few font sizes, italics and such: that seems quite simple in the "content.xml". Even footnotes are pretty transparent.

David Riggs