RE: [xsl] Absolute/relative positioning of graphic in XSL-FO

Subject: RE: [xsl] Absolute/relative positioning of graphic in XSL-FO
From: "Hood, Earl" <earl.hood@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:13:02 -0500
> The following works in Antenna House, but I see that it does not work
> in XEP ... I had anticipated it would:
>
>    <block-container block-progression-dimension.minimum="3cm">
>      <block>Test1</block>
>    </block-container>
>    <block>Test 1 end</block>
>    <block-container block-progression-dimension.minimum="3cm">
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>      <block>Test2</block>
>    </block-container>
>    <block>Test 2 end</block>

Thanks for the info.

I tried something like above with the transforms I'm currently working
on, and XEP does not appear to do the "right thing".

I even tried some variations (e.g. using block-progression-dimension on
<fo:block>s and experimenting interchanging block and block-container),
but nothing I tried gave the desired effect.  Things would
look okay if the textual data was small, but once I increased the
amount of text, the graphic did not move down.

I'll try to contact RenderX support to see what they have to say.

Thanks again,

--ewh