[xsl] Querying an Active Directory memberOf Attribute

Subject: [xsl] Querying an Active Directory memberOf Attribute
From: "Cailo ." <frenzal68@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:48:21 +1000
Hi all,

I am new to this and I am pulling my hair out. I am working on a product called RightFax which has the ability to sync users in from Active Directory using XSL. I am trying to query the Active Directory memberOf attribute and depending on whether the user is in a particular group, put them in the respective group within RightFax. My problem is that because memberOf is an array within AD, the query is only searching the first 'string' of the array and hence not returning correct results. What I would like to do is to either query the entire array or join each string within the array to create one long string, then query the string. Please see below my script:

<xsl:template match="rf:attr[@name='memberOf']">
 <attr name="GroupID">
   <value>
     <xsl:variable name="group" select="*" />
     <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="contains($group,'Group_1')">100663298</xsl:when>
       <xsl:when test="contains($group,'Group_2')">100663299</xsl:when>
       <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="100663296" /></xsl:otherwise>
     </xsl:choose>
   </value>
 </attr>
</xsl:template>

I have done this previously with javascript and it worked fine however I am unable to get this to work. Please see below the javascript:

Dim strGroups
If IsArray(varProp) Then
   strGroups = (Join(varProp))
      If (InStr(strGroups, "CN=Group_1") > 0 ) Then
            objUser.IsUnprotected = 0
            objUser.GroupID="Orlando"
      End If
End If