[xsl] Detecting table columns with XSL-FO

Subject: [xsl] Detecting table columns with XSL-FO
From: "Miranda Wageman" <mwageman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:16:00 +0000
Hi,

I have searched long for this but cannot seem to get a straight answer.

We are trying to output tables in XSL-FO, but I do not seem to be able to easily find the table row with the maximum number of cells within a table, so that I can specify how many <fo:table-column/> items should be added. Cells that span columns or rows have colspan and rowspan attributes in their tags.

Is there any way to loop through the rows within a table to find the row with the maximum number of cells? The looping methods I have found seem to only deal with a set number of reiterations whereas with our tables we don't know which row has the most cells.

Thank you very much for any pointers in the right direction - right now I don't even know where to start anymore.

Miranda