[xsl] Line Numbering

Subject: [xsl] Line Numbering
From: Luke Jones <ljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:24:51 -0500
Hi,

I'm trying to number the lines of multiple paragraphs.

For example:
xml--
<bill>
<para>
FOR AN ACT relating to crimes and offenses; to amend sections 28-101,
28-201 and 28-932, Revised Statutes Cumulative Supplement, 2004; to
change provision relating to assault by a confined person; to create the
offense of assault...(etc)
</para>

I would need xsl code that makes the output look like so...

1	FOR AN ACT relating to crimes and offenses; to amend sections
2	28-101, 28-201 and 28-932, Revised Statutes Cumulative
3	Supplement, 2004; to change provision relating to assault by a
4	confined person; to creat the offense of assault...(etc)

Can anyone help me with this?  I just getting my feet wet with xsl, any
help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke