Re: [xsl] Selecting the first node set

Subject: Re: [xsl] Selecting the first node set
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:02:37 +0200 (CEST)
Wendell Piez wrote:

> >   (//Value)[1]

> I've started teaching /descendant::Value[1] as a more intuitive and
> transparent solution to this little (but consequential) conundrum.

> It's also reassuring to newcomers who want a simple thing to be
> simple

  What you gain somewhere, you loose it elsewhere.  For example in the
simple "definition" of "//" (something like "it is identical to
descendant::").

  I think that to know the language, you have to know such subtleties.
But of course, at the biginning, using a less error-prone alternative
is best.  And I think the abbreviate syntax is more intuitive and
readable to the non-used eye.

  Regards,

--drkm

 p4.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Mon Aug 14 16:13:39 GMT 2006

Dicouvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/Riponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expiriences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com