Re: [xsl] error/confusion with translate function

Subject: Re: [xsl] error/confusion with translate function
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:02:07 -0400
At 11:13 AM 8/11/2006, it was written:
FWIW, a while back I came across an interesting variation on typing the alphabet for use in translate(): type the keyboard layout instead, thus:

translate($string, 'QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM', 'qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm')

It's much easier to type (for a non-touch-typist like me, anyway) and that, to my mind, makes it less susceptible to the kind of slip you made in your code.

translate($string, 'MR JOCK, TV QUIZ PHD, BAGS FEW LYNX', 'mr jock, tv quiz phd, bags few lynx')

Or if you prefer, you can use "BLOWZY NIGHT-FRUMPS VEX'D JACK Q" (with thanks to wordsmith.org for the pangrams).

Cheers,
Wendell