Re[3]: [xsl] How do you remove namespace?

Subject: Re[3]: [xsl] How do you remove namespace?
From: Arthur Maloney <ArthurM@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:38:17 +0100
Hello Florent,

Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 1:05:10 AM, you wrote:

> Arthur Maloney wrote:

>> Monday, August 14, 2006, 6:05:41 PM, you wrote:

>> >   Why?

>> I've decided its time for me to get to grips with Xslt 2.0.
>> I have some code builders in Xslt 1.0 but am starting afresh using
>> Xslt 2.0, whilst I'm learning.

>   I don't neiter fully understand your explanation nor look in detail
> at your code.  But I think you don't respond the question: why do you
> want the namespace declaration to be rid of?

>   If you want your elements not belongs to this namespace, don't
> generate them in this namespace.  If you want them within this
> namespace, you need a namespace declaration binding a namespace prefix
> (whatever you want) to the namespace URI.

>   So the question is: what do you want to achive?

>   PS: As Mike said, maybe you don't want your output to be
> namespace-well-formed.  If you don't understand what that means, please
> forget about that, you virtually don't want that.

>   Regards,

> --drkm

Thanks for the response.

I've abandoned it. I wasn't thinking right.
To me Microsoft ASP.Net pages are not standards compliant!

Which is why I went down the Xslt route in the first place.

I'm sticking with the standards and moving on to Xslt 2.0 etc.

Sorry for my previous verbose response. I got copy paste happy.

--
Best regards,
 Arthur                            mailto:ArthurM@xxxxxxxxxx