Re: [xsl] XML graphs

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML graphs
From: Remi Dewitte <remi@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:40:34 +0100
Cheers. Good pointers.
Remi

Mukul Gandhi wrote:
On 8/21/06, Mohsen Saboorian <mohsens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think SVG can represent graphs.
Just googling: xml graph

http://www.w3.org/2000/09/XGraph/
http://www-pr.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~eiglsper/graphml/index.html

I could not look at the above URLs. They surely would be having useful information.

SVG is an XML vocabulary to depict 2 D graphics (like lines, polygons
etc). Graph is a different concept than graphics. IIRC, graph as
defined in computer science is a data structure composed of vertices
and edges. It can model really anything requiring such representation
(for e.g. connected cities, message flows etc).

I know this nice application, which allows to model concepts (you may
imagine the concepts as graphs) - http://freemind.sourceforge.net.
This tool allows to export the concepts as XML (using its own schema).