RE: [xsl] Java program to Generate plain XSLT for XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Java program to Generate plain XSLT for XML
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:52:00 -0400
Someone creates an XSLT file to produce a new file by transforming one (or more) original
XML documents.

Actually, you don't really have to change anything at all. A perfectly legitimate (although not very useful) XSLT file,

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:copy-of select="." />
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

simply makes a copy of the original.

Since XSLT files are created to produce a specific output, you first need to decide what you want the output document to look like before you can design an XSLT file to produce it.

Perhaps you could refine your question and give more specifics.

  --
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email