[xsl] [XSLT, Version 1] Stylesheet to embed a chunk of XML into HTML?

Subject: [xsl] [XSLT, Version 1] Stylesheet to embed a chunk of XML into HTML?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:58:32 -0400
Hi Folks,

I am writing a stylesheet which outputs HTML.  My stylesheet pulls in a
chunk of XML from an XML file and then stuffs it within the HTML <body>
element.  Here's what I want my stylesheet to generate:

        <pre>
             -- XML chunk here (tags not escaped so they will display
in a browser) --
        </pre>

When I drop the resulting HTML into a browser I want the XML chunk to
display, including the tags.

Below is the XSLT that I thought would work, but doesn't.  Can you show
me the correct way to solve this problem?

By the way, I am not able to modify the XML file that my stylesheet
reads, so wrapping elements in the XML file within a CDATA section is
not an option for me.

/Roger

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                      version="1.0">

    <xsl:output method="html"/>

    <xsl:template match="/">
           <xsl:variable name="test">
                <xsl:copy-of select="//Member[1]"/>
           </xsl:variable>
           <pre>
               <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="no"
select="$test"/>
           </pre>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>