Re: [xsl] Client-side XSLT processing by browsers

Subject: Re: [xsl] Client-side XSLT processing by browsers
From: "JJ Merelo" <jjmerelo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:44:41 +0200
Hi,

On 8/27/06, Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi JJ,

Passing parameters in the querystring is an HTML construct, not an XSL
one. Also, there are 4 different types in XSL (string, boolean, number
and nodeset), how would you differentiate between these in a
querystring-based manner? Remember that the type must be declared
before passing to the XSL stylesheet.

Well, it's the way they are taken by Cocoon, for instance. How could it be done otherwise? Granted that they are sent to the server and handled to Cocoon for processing, but couldn't browsers do it in the same way?

I think, to achieve somewhat what you want, you will have to make an html page that accepts querystring parameters and then uses javaScript to pass these into the desired XSL document and doing the transformation, using itself as the input document, if you desire this.

I know that this is not what you had hoped for, but I hope my answer
is of some small help anyway.

I guess that will have to be eventually the way to go. Thanks!

JJ