[xsl] recognize character entities

Subject: [xsl] recognize character entities
From: Frank Marent <frank.marent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:31:51 +0200
hi all.

is there a way to recognize and filter only elements which text()
begins with a character entity?

 <Element>&Amp;This is filtered</Element>
 <Element>&epsilon;This filtered</Element>
 <Element>&euro;This is filtered</Element>
 <Element>This is *not* filtered</Element>
 <Element>And this also not</Element>

in a template match like

  <xsl:template match="Element[starts-with(text(),

for mathematical xml-files we have a lot (around 2000) character
entities to recognize and no chance to select them individually.

thanks in advance
for any help

(thanks to mukul, abel and michael for answering my apostrophe/
quotation mark question)
Frank Marent

emnemics ag
Jungholzstrasse 43
CH-8050 Z|rich

Tel   +41 44 307 32 71
Fax   +41 44 307 32 75
Mail  frank.marent@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype frank.marent
URL   www.emnemics.ch

Ein Unternehmen der Kalaidos Bildungsgruppe Schweiz