Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Centering text vertically in a table column

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Centering text vertically in a table column
From: "Chris Graham [WarpSpeed]" <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:06:27 +1100 (EDT)
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:22:19 +1100, Chris_Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>"G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 07/02/2007
>04:11:53:
>
>> At 2007-02-06 21:02 +1100, Chris Graham [WarpSpeed] wrote:
>> >Just how does one do it?
>>
>> display-align="center" will centre the contents in the
>> block-progression direction.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>
>Absolutely!
>
>I looked at (but did not try) that attribute. I thought that it would have
>centered the text horizontally on the line, rather than vertically winth
>the cell. Obviously I misunderstood it! :-)
>
>The bit 'block-progression direction' is the key bit that I missed.
>
>Thank you very much for your help. Works like a charm.

Until I got more complicated.

I added a <fo:basic-link> tag around some text, and the mapping region of
where the cursor recognises the web url link to be does not match up with
the actual text on the display, probably due to the fact that it is a
"display-align".

Any suggestions, anyone, as to how to best work around this?

TIA.

-Chris

WarpSpeed Computers - The Graham Utilities for OS/2.
Voice:  +61-3-9395-1504   Internet:   chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX:    +61-3-9395-7633   Web Page:   http://www.warpspeed.com.au
Postal: WarpSpeed Computers, PO Box 4293, Hoppers Crossing DC, VIC 3029, AUSTRALIA