RE: [xsl] XSLT processor Configuration for Java

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT processor Configuration for Java
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:45:06 -0000
> I meant ,is there any configuration I need to do to use
> SAXON,By default XALAN processor is being picked  though
> SAXON is on the classpath.

This can be a little difficult to debug. Setting the Java system property
jaxp.debug=1 can help.

Make sure you are using Saxon The build of 8.9 was incorrect,
because of a bug in Ant, which caused the services information in the JAR
files to be set up incorrectly.

It's generally safer to set system properties explicitly:

rather than relying on the classpath search.

Unless you really need to write code with no compile-time references to
Saxon classes, the simplest of all is just to instantiate the Saxon
TransformerFactory directly:

TransformerFactory factory = new net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl()

Apart from anything else this saves the high cost of the classpath search.

Michael Kay