Re: [xsl] Fwd: XSLT 2.0 Determining Position of Sequence Item During "for expression" evaluation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fwd: XSLT 2.0 Determining Position of Sequence Item During "for expression" evaluation
From: "John McGowan" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:07:10 -0500
is not absolutely clear what you want to do, something like the
following may be useful:

for $k in 1 to 10 return (4 to 13)[$k]

To put it simply, an indexing variable in the range

1 to count($someSequence)

I'll try to explain a little better what I'm getting at...

I want to write a expression that does something like this...

takes a sequence like this

("Page1","Page2","Page3")

and outputs

Page1 > Page2 > Page3

so, assuming the sequence is in a variable $pages we try something like this...

for $p in $pages
return
concat( $p, ' > ')

but of course, this causes a trailing ' > ' which we don't want...

so something like is what I'm looking for

for $p in $pages
return
 concat($p, if (---sometest---) then '' else ' > ' )

problem is, I can't figure out how to write an expression that can
tell if this is the last item in the sequence.

Does that explain it a little better?

--
John McGowan
Seven A C Consulting, Inc.