Re: [xsl] Transform RDF to CSV files

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transform RDF to CSV files
From: "oknam park" <ponda7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:10:49 +0000
Hello Tom,

Thanks. I will look at RDF Library in detail and try to figure out the way to do it.

Appreciate your help,

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,
Oknam

From: "Tom Morris" <bbtommorris@xxxxxxxxx>
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:36:18 +0000

On 3/19/07, oknam park <ponda7777@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I need an advice to transform RDF files to CSV files.

I have experienced transforming XML files to CSV by XSLT. But, have no ideas
how to transform RDF to CSV.

Oknam,

I would highly recommend that you don't use XSLT to transform RDF. RDF
is a data model and can be represented in a plethora of different
ways, some of which are XML-based (TriX and RDF/XML) and some not (N3,
N-Triples, eRDF, RDFa, GRDDLable microformats).

Instead, it is probably easier to take your RDF data in through an RDF
library and then outputting the data that you want as CSV. There are a
list of RDF libraries on the GetSemantic wiki:
http://www.getsemantic.com/wiki/Semantic_Web_Tools

The only time when you should bother using XSLT on RDF data is when
you know it's coming from a specific source. Any time other than that,
RDF is too unpredictable to try and parse using XSLT. I'm sure it may
be possible to do so - and some people may come up with some crazy
RDF/XML parsers written in XSLT, but there are a plethora of good
tools available for most languages and platforms.

One thing you could do is do the following conversion:
RDF library to turn any RDF input in to N-Triples.
Regular expressions to turn N-Triples in to CSV.

--
Tom Morris
http://blogs.opml.org/tommorris

Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/