Re: [xsl] I need to make sure that all namespace declarations get output to a particular element, not the document element

Subject: Re: [xsl] I need to make sure that all namespace declarations get output to a particular element, not the document element
From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:12:02 +0100
things are working now. I will probably, when given the time,
backtrack and try to generate the bad forms to so that the Open Office
folks can test their serializer but right now I have too much work to
do just to get a workable form out. (mainly layout problems)

the xforms processor got it backwards in cases where I did not have
the namespace declared in context. At first the response from the OO
programmer in charge of the current Xforms implementation was the
response quoted earlier, that prompted Michael Kay to describe it as a
bad decision on their part. On further examination he said that he
didn't think that was what was going on after all and was baffled as
to what was causing it. By this point however I have managed to
control generation of the namespace on the element I needed it on to
get things to work, this is fragile but I have a deadline on the 26th
for something that works at least halfways, so I will sacrifice to
expediency in this case.

Now that the namespace is in the invoice element, i.e on the element
that is the  child of the xforms:instance element and thus to be the
document element of the serialized xml instance, everything works
fine.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen

On 3/23/07, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
bryan rasmussen wrote:
> yes, like that, I wanted it like this
>
>> <root>
>>    <in:Invoice xmlns:in="urn:invoice">
>>        <in:somenode />
>>    </in:Invoice>
>> </root>
>>

> which I now have by basically running the toplevel layout as a named
> template and copying the xml structure I need into the xforms:model

You mean that it works now the way you want it from XSLT but...

> obviously the xforms engine was incorrect to serialize that structure
> but that is something different.

.... your xforms processor gets it backward? Do you still need
additional help in how to get it the way your xform processor can eat
it, or is the dinner the way you want it now?

-- Abel