Re: [xsl] Use same xml file with different XSL stylesheets

Subject: Re: [xsl] Use same xml file with different XSL stylesheets
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:58:17 +0100
On 3/28/07, Ignacio Garcia del Campo <igarc001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

I have two different xsl stylesheets that will be applied to the same set of
xml documents.

Is there a way to create references to the BASE xml files to save space?

Let's say my xml file is 100 lines, if I want to apply the two XSL
stylesheets, I need to create two files base_01.xml and base_02.xml with 101
lines in each.

The extra line adds the reference to the XSL stylesheet to be used.

I would like to know if it is possible to create the files with just a few
lines, something like this:

------------------
base_01.xml
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stylesheet1.xsl" ?>
<?XML REFERENCE TO BASE.XML TO BE PROCESSED ?>

base_02.xml
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stylesheet2.xsl" ?>
<?XML REFERENCE TO BASE.XML TO BE PROCESSED?>

Instead of using embedded processing instructions to perform the transforms, use client side javascript or a server-side technology to give you more flexibility.