RE: [xsl] correct namespace for duration sub-types?

Subject: RE: [xsl] correct namespace for duration sub-types?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 17:31:25 +0100
> I am a bit confused about which is the correct namespace for
> duration subtypes, e.g. dayTimeDuration, monthYearDuration etc.
>
> I was under the impression that the correct namespace is
> http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-datatypes

This was the namespace used in the Candidate Recommendation of November
2005. Earlier drafts used different namespaces. The final Recommendation of
January 2007 uses the XML Schema namespace  http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

> However when using the latest Saxon 8.9.0.3, it ... is only happy when I
bind the duration sub-types to the Schema namespace -
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

Once the Rec came out I decided to discontinue support for earlier
namespaces, as there are quite a few corner cases where synonyms don't work
very well (they are OK for functions, but cause problems with types).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/