Re: [xsl] Help moving away from named templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] Help moving away from named templates
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:31:08 +0100
> <xsl:apply-templates match="Records/Record/node()[name()='firstName']"/>

you presumably mean select not match (which is a syntax error) and it's
generally a bad idea (slower and not namespace-aware0 to text eleemnt
names using name() why not simply

<xsl:apply-templates select="Records/Record/firstName"/>

> and in most cases this would work, but of course this would conflict
> with any other customer info that also contained 'firstName'

I can't guess what kind of conflict you see here, could you post a
slightly larger XML that also has elements that you wouldn't want to
select.

> Then do <xsl:apply-templates
> match="Records[template='customerProfile']/Record" />
again use of match here.

David