Re: [xsl] How is memory allocated in recursive XSLT templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How is memory allocated in recursive XSLT templates?
From: "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi.sub@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:31:56 -0400
Thank you for your reply Colin

On 5/3/07, Colin Adams <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>

>Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
>>
>>I have to read up on how to note the time in XSLT 2.0, will use Google for
>>that.
>>

>You can't (unless you do a three-step process where you call the XSLT
>processor three times). The reason is simple: all date/time functions are
>stable and will return the same date/time at any moment in the process and
>you can't be sure whether that's the time at the beginning of the process
>or at the end.

It ought to be possible with an extension function, for an implementation
where you have tested that the execution order is predictable for a given
transformation.

I think I would prefer an extension function within the XSLT itself rather than from the command line, because then I would be able to note the time immediately before and after the function in question.

A command line would work as well, but the time would include the
evaluation of irrelevant pieces of code too, but it would be too
negligible.

As Abel mentioned earlier the timing is not always the same.

>The best way to time XSLT is to call it from another system (i.e., Java)
>and measure the time before/after.

Restricting this idea to Java seems perverse, and certainly wrong as the
UNIX time command will work perfectly well.

Also DOS time command.

-Regards
Rashmi