Re: [xsl] PHP XSL adds Content-Type meta

Subject: Re: [xsl] PHP XSL adds Content-Type meta
From: "Martynas Jusevicius" <martynas.jusevicius@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 11:15:26 +0200
Yeah, sorry, what I meant there was content type:
"This is not needed, because the content type is not known at this
point and negotiated later according to the HTTP headers."
I'm using HTTP headers to specify content type/encoding as well.

I'm trying to run the command line XSLT.
The output string is directly sent as a response. I think it would be
even more weird for PHP or Apache to add meta tags than for libxsl,
but lets see.

Martynas

On 5/8/07, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Martynas Jusevicius wrote:

> to the output. This is not needed, because the encoding is not known
> at this point and negotiated later according to the HTTP headers.

This is (btw) an incorrect assumption: the encoding is very well known
when you run XSLT. Both the input and the output encodings are vital
parts of XSLT when running with a processor that is capable of
serializing. Only when no serialization takes place, and the input is
in-memory only, the encoding is not important (all there is is an
input/output XML tree).

> For
> the same reason I cannot specify it directly in the <xsl:output>.

The 'meta' element has nothing to do with this (see prev message), but
you must specify it (or, if you don't, it defaults to 'utf-8'). However,
xsl:output is only used when you serialize the output.

Cheers,
-- Abel