Re: [xsl] How do I change a XSL style sheet to group data together under one heading

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I change a XSL style sheet to group data together under one heading
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:21:44 +0200
kieters c wrote:
Good day,
My knowledge of XML is next to none and I only have one XSL code to use.
I also assume I may be using incorrect jargon and hope you will
understand what I need.

I have an XSL style sheet to convert the XML flat file. I need to
change the style sheet so it groups certain data together under one
heading. I need to be able to do this as the system I upload the file
to do not accept the information as presented and continuously gives me
an error. What I am trying to say is that the result information
under sample grouped together where the sample information is the
same.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

We would like to help, but it would make it for us a lot easier if you change both your sample and your stylesheet to a minimum set of data that illustrates the problem. By removing all (or a lot) of the noise, it is easier for you and for us to come to a quick solution.

In addition, you seem to cut 'n' paste from IE (the added minus signs, making your XML rubbish) and/or a text editor (no indentation). If you use any XML editor, it has a pretty print option: when you indent your XML for us, we will easier understand your code and your chances on a quick response will increase significantly.

We are all volunteers with little available time and the easier it is to understand what you are asking, the more likely it is that you receive a useful answer.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma