Re: [xsl] How do I change a XSL style sheet to group data together under one heading

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I change a XSL style sheet to group data together under one heading
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 19:01:06 +0200
kieters c wrote:

Good day,

Thank you for the information. I have changed it accordingly and nothing seems to happen. I have checked to see if I did everything, checked for any inconsistancies like an extra bracket but still nothing happened. I replace every instance of "sample_date_time" with "concat(sample_date_time, cp_name)".

"nothing" is not very much, is it? What do you mean, does the processor raises an error, does the output appear empty or is the grouping done on sample_date_time and not on both sample_date_time *and* cp_name?

It would help a great deal if you show the input that you use with the XSLT that you show, and the output that you currently have and how you want it different.

Usually, most errors go away if you carefully check the spelling of your nodes. I.e., is 'sample_date_time' a child node, or a child attribute node? Do you use namespaces and if so, which are those (omitting a namespace means: no match). If you really have no output at all (which is actually very impossible because you have an LRE at the root-matching template) I think you are running something else then you show here.

If I look back in the thread for your cluttered sources, I see that the node 'cp_name' actually is a child of 'sample' and sample_date_time is so too.

Perhaps with 'nothing happens' you mean that 'I expect something else to happen than what I see currently'. In which case your requirements may be different from what you told in a previous message. Again, a sample (input *and* output) of your new requirements would be great.

I tested the stylesheet I showed you and I altered the sample xml to contain extra children. The grouping works as expected for me.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma