Re: [xsl] fo:table-cell aligment

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:table-cell aligment
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:04:26 +0200
Luke wrote:
[snip code]
With the above code, I'm assuming my output should be:

1. Blah blah blah
   blah blah
2. xsl-list rocks!

Instead I'm getting:

1. Blah blah blah
2. blah balh
   xsl-list rocks!

Look closely: you generate only a single table row (run the XSL transforamtion standalone and examine the generated XSLFO document, if necessary). In order to get the texts aligned the way you expect, you have to generate a table row for each ch / sectCat pair. The pattern you have to use is called "positional grouping".

The following snippet should help getting you started:
  <fo:table-body>
    <xsl:for-each select="sections/ch">
      <fo:table-row>
        <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:block>
            <xsl:apply-templates select=".">
          </fo:block>
        </fo:table-cell>
	<fo:table-cell>
          <fo:block>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="following-sibling::sectCat[1]">
          </fo:block>
        </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
    </xsl:for-each>