Re: [xsl] PI for associating a sample input with a stylesheet [was Re: [xsl] Xselerator]

Subject: Re: [xsl] PI for associating a sample input with a stylesheet [was Re: [xsl] Xselerator]
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:53:37 -0400
It seems to me that this is the sort of thing that is far better handled in a (perhaps standardized) external file than inside the (hopefully re-useable/re-purposable) XSLT. The more application/environment/use specific information there is embedded in a file the less re-useable/re-purposeable it is.

But then, I think the link from an XML document to the associated stylesheetS (yes, I meant that "S") should be external to the document, too. We don't use one and only one stylesheet with every document, and embedding that information in the document forces people who would otherwise have no reason to edit the document do so.

-- Tommie